Nothing beats working in a great environment alongside people intent on pushing themselves and making a difference. At DPL we aim to provide the conditions that allow talented individuals to do their best work. As crazy good as you are at what you do, we also believe that you are more than your Job. That's why every DPL employee gets 5 weeks vacation and an adventure fund, to make sure you get to pursue other passions and that you get to live a full life outside of work. Remember: It's never too early to cross off bucket list items!
DPL is looking for a talented and driven candidate to fill an Accounts Receivable Specialist position to work out of the Rothesay office.
What you'll do
- Processing accounting receivables and incoming payments.
- Calling/emailing clients to collect payment and update payment information.
- Performing day to day financial transactions, including verifying, classifying, computing, posting and recording accounts receivables’ data.
- Assisting in the creation of new customer accounts.
- Performing credit checks.
- Preparing invoices and bank deposits.
- Verifying validity of account discrepancies by obtaining and investigating information from sales, technical support, and from customers.
- Resolving collections by examining customer payment plans, payment history, credit line and coordinating contact with third party collections services.
- Protecting organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Updating job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Serving as a backup to other Account Services team members.
What you'll need
- Proven experience in an accounting team role with a focus on customer service and retention.
- Familiarity with the use of accounting software.
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel and MS Outlook, in particular).
- Hands on experience with office machines (e.g. fax machines and printers).
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and planning skills in a fast-paced environment.
- A creative mind with an ability to suggest improvements.
We're looking for
A little bit about us
DPL connects you with your world and its data. We simplify all aspects of managing connected things.