Clearwater Seafoods is one of the world's largest vertically integrated seafood companies with over 1,900 employees in offices, plants and vessels across the globe. The Canadian company operates from ocean-to-plate, owning its own fishing licenses, vessels and processing facilities, while also providing delivery to its customers worldwide. Clearwater is recognized globally for its superior quality, food safety and diversity of premium wild-caught seafood, including scallops, lobster, langoustine, clams, whelk, shrimp and crabs.
Since its founding, Clearwater has invested in science, communities, people and technological innovation, as well as resource management to sustain and grow its seafood resource. This commitment has allowed the company to remain a leader in today's global seafood market and in sustainable seafood excellence.
In 2021, Clearwater was acquired by a partnership between Premium Brands and the Mi'kmaq Coalition, comprised of seven Mi'kmaq communities in Nova Scotia and Newfoundland. Today, Clearwater is proudly Indigenous-owned, committed to creating a sustainable seafood future for generations to come.
Clearwater Seafoods' Accounts Payable department requires an Accounts Payable Supervisor based at their Bedford, Nova Scotia Corporate Office. The position is a permanent full-time position and reports to the Transaction Manager, Accounts Payable.
Purpose of Position
This position is responsible for providing day to day leadership of the AP team to ensure delivery of efficient and accurate processing of Accounts Payable transactions.
- This position reports to the Transactions Manager, Accounts Payable
- Oversee the daily operations of the Accounts Payable department, including managing and reviewing workflow, invoice processing, vendor management and handling internal and external queries.
- Lead the accounts payable team in processing weekly payments timely and accurately in accordance with company processes and policies.
- Manage workload of team by determining tasks and priorities.
- Collaborate with AP team and Transactions Manager to create process improvements and standardized procedures.
- Identification of training requirements and creation of training plans for new hires and co-op students.
- Foster a positive work environment within the Accounts Payable team and the business.
- Ensure Accounts Payable team are adhering to established processes, procedures, and policies within Clearwater.
- Aid with processing invoices when time permits.
Key Behavioral Competencies (Personal Characteristics)
- Good management and interpersonal skills.
- Dedicated, hardworking and detail oriented.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Self-motivated and driven to succeed.
- Flexible in their work schedule and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Hybrid work environment - 3 days required in office.
- Occasional travel to Fleet location in Lunenburg, NS.
- Demonstrated ability cultivating a team.
- Business degree or diploma or 2 years equivalent work experience.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, primarily Excel and Outlook.
- Experience with SAP or another ERP system is an asset.
- Clear and effective communication skills, both verbally and written.
- Strong problem solving skills.
Look for yourself
A little bit about us
Clearwater Seafoods is one of North America's largest vertically-integrated seafood companies and the largest holder of shellfish licenses and quotas in Canada. It is recognized globally for its superior quality, food safety, diversity of species and reliable worldwide delivery of premium wild, eco-certified seafood, including scallops, lobster, clams, coldwater shrimp, sea cucumber, langoustine, whelk and crab.
Since its founding in 1976, Clearwater has invested in science, people and technological innovation, as well as resource ownership and management to sustain and grow its seafood resource. This commitment has allowed it to remain a leader in the global seafood market and in sustainable seafood excellence.