Kraken Robotics offers a unique career opportunity to work with an internationally recognized leader in ocean technology that is harnessing our world class talent to provide superior subsea solutions for global security, environmental, and scientific challenges. Our highly talented team design and manufacture technology platforms for NATO navies and commercial clients throughout the world and provide acoustic 3D Synthetic Aperture Sonar (SAS) data solutions and imaging in the offshore energy sector with increasing focus on offshore renewables.
Kraken Robotics is currently recruiting for an Accounts Payable Specialist. The Accounts Payable Specialist will report to the Financial Controller, while working closely with the whole finance department on the scope of duties. and is primarily responsible for managing the day-to-day accounts payable functions across the organization. This position is based out of our office in Mount Pearl, Newfoundland, Canada.
What you'll do
- Invoice Processing: Receive, review, and process invoices accurately and efficiently, ensuring adherence to company policies and procedures.
- Vendor Management: Maintain relationships with vendors, including addressing inquiries, resolving discrepancies, and ensuring timely payments.
- Payment Processing: Prepare and execute payment runs, including checks, ACH transfers, and wire transfers, in accordance with payment terms and deadlines.
- Expense Reporting: Reconcile employee expense reports, verifying receipts and coding expenses to the appropriate accounts.
- Credit Card Reconciliations: Reconcile company credit cards with receipts from card holders and allocate to proper purchase orders and accounts.
- Communication: Communicate effectively with internal departments and external vendors to resolve issues, answer inquiries, and ensure smooth processing of accounts payable tasks.
- Compliance: Ensure compliance with company policies, accounting principles and legal regulations related to accounts payable processes.
- Audit Support: Provide support during internal and external audits by preparing documentation and answering inquiries.
What you'll need
- Minimum 3 years' experience in Account payable
- Post secondary degree or diploma in Business
- Highly proficiency in various office 365 tools, including Teams and SharePoint, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Preferred Skills:
- Excellent communication skills in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Good time management, adopting a flexible approach to work.
- Ability to work successfully in a dynamic team environment across departments and locations.
We're looking for
A little bit about us
Kraken Robotic Systems Inc.
Kraken Robotic Systems Inc. is a marine technology company engaged in the design and development of advanced handling systems, sensors, software, subsea batteries, and underwater robotics for Unmanned Maritime Vehicles used in military and commercial applications. www.krakenrobotics.com
Are you interested?
Work With Us
Want to apply your skills, knowledge and expertise to push the boundaries of underwater intelligence - which help governments defend and make our oceans safe, or ensure critical offshore energy and communications infrastructure is installed and maintained efficiently? If innovation drives you, and you want a career that makes a difference, helping humanity overcome the challenges in our oceans - safely, efficiently, and sustainably - then come join us at Kraken Robotics.
Kraken offers an attractive and competitive compensation package designed to reward our team for a job well done. With locations around the world, we support remote working packages and encourage professional and cultural collaborations. Kraken is an equal opportunity employer focused on promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion and we value the diversity of our team that contributes to our company growth and development.