Please note this opportunity is designated to Indigenous Peoples who identify themselves as First Nation (Status and non-Status), Métis or Inuit as part of the Clearwater Careers Set Sail Program.
Clearwater Seafoods is one of the world's largest vertically integrated seafood companies with over 1,900 employees in offices, plants, and vessels across the globe. The Canadian company operates from ocean-to-plate, owning its own fishing licenses, vessels, and processing facilities, while also providing delivery to its customers worldwide. Clearwater is recognized globally for its superior quality, food safety and diversity of premium wild-caught seafood, including scallops, lobster, langoustine, clams, whelk, cold water shrimp and crabs. As a leading harvester, processor and marketer of sustainably sourced seafood, Clearwater supplies its products to wholesalers, retailers, and foodservice distributors throughout the world. Selling its products globally under the Clearwater, Macduff and various private label brands.
Since its founding in 1976, Clearwater has invested in its science, innovative technology and management approaches to support sustainability and grow its wild seafood resource. This commitment has established Clearwater as a global leader in sustainable seafood excellence.
Clearwater's Bedford, Nova Scotia office requires a Finance Accounts Payable Co-op Student for a four-month term. The anticipated start date for the position is May 2023.
Purpose of Position:
- The purpose of this position is to work with and support Clearwater's Transaction Centre Team.
- This position will report to the Accounts Payable Manager.
- Assist the Accounts Payable and Transaction Centre team with day-to-day activities.
- Invoice data entry and matching with documentation.
- Expense report verification and data entry.
- Assist with accruals and journal entries.
- Support ongoing Accounts Payable and Transaction Centre projects.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Key Behavioral Competencies (Personal Characteristics):
- Strong time management skills
- Ability to work as a team and independently
- Sound written and verbal communication
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong initiative with a key focus on results
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Planning and organizing skills
- Working towards a post-secondary degree in business with a focus in accounting or finance.
- Demonstrated proficiency of Microsoft Excel.
- Working knowledge of accounting and finance concepts would be considered an asset.
- Experience in SAP environment an asset.
- Environment: Office and Remote
- Work Hours: Full-time 37.5 hours per week
- Dress Code: Business casual
- COVID-19 Vaccination: Required
Look for yourself
A little bit about us
Clearwater Seafoods is one of North America's largest vertically-integrated seafood companies and the largest holder of shellfish licenses and quotas in Canada. It is recognized globally for its superior quality, food safety, diversity of species and reliable worldwide delivery of premium wild, eco-certified seafood, including scallops, lobster, clams, coldwater shrimp, sea cucumber, langoustine, whelk and crab.
Since its founding in 1976, Clearwater has invested in science, people and technological innovation, as well as resource ownership and management to sustain and grow its seafood resource. This commitment has allowed it to remain a leader in the global seafood market and in sustainable seafood excellence.