Some would say we're in the pension business. We like to say we're in the people business. One that focuses on creating an inclusive and diverse culture for everyone who comes through our doors. One that puts our 55,000 members at the heart of everything we do because they deserve nothing less than a secure, stable future to build upon. One that can include YOU.
Who we are:
Provident10 is the largest pension plan in Newfoundland and Labrador and one of the largest pension plans in Atlantic Canada - representing 1 in 9 Newfoundlanders and Labradorians. Our team proudly oversees the pension administration and investment management of the $10 billion Public Service Pension Plan Fund.
Modern. Focused. People Centric. The foundation for our vision.
For us that means creating a seamless experience for members and a positive culture for our employees; ensuring the organization remains efficient and agile, as we continue to make smart investments for growth - all while embracing technology and ensuring a consistent experience for our members.
What it's like to work at Provident10
We're proud to have been named one of Atlantic Canada's Top Employers in 2023, for the second year in a row! We earned the designation by focusing on elevating the employee experience and making Provident10 a great place to work.
We're committed to offering a total rewards program to employees, including:
- Membership in a defined benefit pension plan with employer matched contributions. Vested members of the Public Service Pension Plan can rest assured knowing that they will receive a predictable retirement income for life, without having to worry if their benefits will run out or be terminated.
- Comprehensive health and dental plan, including new initiatives driven by a health & wellness committee, like in-house vaccination clinics and mental health support programs.
- Learning and development program focused on supporting employees in reaching their career goals.
- Maternity leave top-up program for new and expecting parents.
- Performance management program with the potential for annual salary increases and a short-term incentive.
- Progressive annual leave program with a minimum of 15 paid days.
We are inviting applications from self-directed and motivated individuals for a new opportunity within our organization! Reporting to the Accounting Manager, the Accounts Payable Administrator will be primarily responsible for processing invoices and expense claims and issuing payment in accordance with Provident10's policies and procedures. Working closely with other members of the Finance team, the Administrator will also assist with several other accounting and financial reporting activities on an ad hoc basis such as quarter end reconciliations and reporting.
Your key activities will include:
- Processing invoices, purchase orders and expense claims in accordance with Corporation policies and procedures, including accurately recognizing HST Input Tax Credits in accordance with the requirements of the Excise Tax Act
- Reconcile vendor statements and accounts payable transactions
- Supports the Finance team in adhering to the monthly, quarterly, and year-end accounting and reporting schedules
- Supporting the annual external year-end audit process by compiling and preparing supporting schedules, working papers, and reports, as required
- Vendor management, including corresponding with vendors in a professional manner, and maintaining vendor files that relate to the accounts payable function
What you'll bring to the role
- Successful completion of a two-year specialized post-secondary diploma or degree program with a concentration in accounting, supplemented by a minimum of two years of related accounts payable or general accounting experience. Equivalencies will be considered
- Broad understanding of financial statements
- Deep understanding of accounts payable processes and best practices
- Solid understanding of internal controls for accounts payable transactions
- Knowledge of accounting software, with knowledge of SAGE being preferred
- Knowledge of general accounting procedures
- A high standard of professionalism and confidentiality in handling sensitive information.
- You are highly organized and detail oriented
Salary Range: $48,500 - $68,000
Application Deadline: February 13, 2023
Provident10 is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes and celebrates the differences that every individual brings. While only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted, we extend our appreciation to all applicants for your interest.
We're looking for
A little bit about us
Financial management and future planning is evolving, and Newfoundland and Labrador has changed with it. In December 2014, the Government of Newfoundland and Labrador (GNL) and the five largest unions in the province announced a Joint Sponsorship Agreement to create an independent pension entity, Provident10. We deliver plan administration services and oversee management of the $10 billion Public Service Pension Plan (the Plan) investment portfolio. We are proud to govern the largest pension plan in the province with over 55,000 members. Learn more about the Plan, our investment strategy, and working with us here.