Cresco is seeking the services of an experienced AP Clerk at their head office located in Bedford, NS.
As the Accounting Clerk, you will be a member of the finance team. Reporting to the Senior Accountant, you will be responsible for the accounts payable cycle of multiple companies, day-to-day banking, and government reporting and remittances.
What you'll do
Accounts payable cycle which includes:
- Receiving, matching, coding, and posting invoices
- Payment approvals and cheque runs
- Vendor account reconciliations
- Preparing credit applications, as needed
- Fielding inquiries from vendors, as needed
Day-to-day bank activities, which include:
- Receiving payments through AR
- Depositing cheques
- Posting banking related journal entries
- Weekly bank reconciliations for multiple companies
Government reporting & remittances:
- Preparation of HST returns
- Remitting all HST & Corporate Tax installments
- Preparation of T5018 reports
- Other compliance reporting, as required.
Other accounting duties as required.
What you'll need
- Minimum five years' experience in a similar role
- Previous experience in high-volume or multi-entity AP environment
- Experience with Job cost coding is an asset but not required
- Strong attention to detail and analytical skills including anticipating, preventing, identifying, and solving problems as necessary
- Excellent organization skills
- Ability to effectively manage time and meet deadlines, while multi-tasking competing priorities
- Self-motivated with strong initiative and the ability to exercise sound judgement
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with Sage Intacct is an asset but not required
- Ability to work independently and manage time accordingly
- Passion for learning new skills
- Positive attitude and enjoys forging new relationships
- Effective written and oral communication skills
We're looking for
A little bit about us
For over 30 years, the owners of Cresco, first-generation Canadians Hossein Mousavi and Taleb Abidali, and their team have built award-winning homes and communities across Halifax. The magic of this successful family-owned company is in its collaboration with customers, partners and a loyal network of builders and trades. Cresco is known for its relentless focus on quality and artistry in building homes and developing communities such as The Ravines of Bedford South and The Parks of West Bedford.
Whether building single-family homes, multi-unit residential or commercial properties, or working through master-planned developments, Cresco has a long-term perspective on land acquisition, partnerships, community building and the innovative use of design and building principles.
With over fifty industry and community awards and progressive, long-term thinking, Cresco is deeply committed to giving back, evidenced by its active participation and support of organizations such as the Cobequid Health Centre Foundation, Dalhousie Medical Research Foundation, Dartmouth General Hospital Foundation, Halifax YMCA, Nova Scotia Home Builders' Association, Urban Development Institute, Halifax Chamber of Commerce, and Family Business Atlantic. Cresco has also built lottery homes for multiple charities over the past two decades.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
- Competitive salary, based on qualifications and experience
- Health and Dental benefits
- RRSP matching
- Sick/Family days
- Amazing corporate culture that prides itself on diversity and inclusion