Crosbie Group of Companies Limited, a diversified family business involved in real estate development, construction, and offshore oil and gas services in Atlantic Canada, currently requires an Accounting Coordinator for our office in St. John's, NL.
Temporary- 6 Months
What you will be responsible for:
- Prepare and complete monthly journal entries
- Prepare HST for various companies
- Reconcile inter-company accounts for Crosbie Group member companies
- Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable duties
- Prepare bi-weekly bank reconciliations
- Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Assist in preparing monthly and year end working paper packages
- Assist with compiling and analyzing financial data for various projects and activities where required
What you bring to the table:
- Post-secondary education in accounting, commerce or related field
- 1-3 years' experience in a general accounting role
- Basic knowledge of and experience in the application of Canadian GAAP
- Experience in the use of computerized accounting systems, with specific experience using the Sage 50 (Simply Accounting) and Sage 300 (ACCPAC) accounting programs will be an asset
- Ability to handle a variety of time sensitive tasks and prioritize in a professional and timely manner
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Proven critical thinking skills with sharp attention to detail
- Solid written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated results oriented, service delivery mindset
- Strong working knowledge of Excel
Crosbie Group of Companies is committed to fostering a diverse workforce and a respectful work environment. We are committed to employment equity and encourage applications from all qualified individuals.
If you require this job advertising in an alternate format or require accessibility supports to complete your application, please contact us immediately or contact our community partners at Inclusion NL to access the supports you require. (kathy@inclusionNL.ca or 709-697-3323).
If you are qualified and interested in this challenging position please apply before January 6, 2020.
A little bit about us
The Crosbie family's involvement in Newfoundland and Labrador business began in 1858 with the arrival of George Crosbie in Brigus. In 1881, George moved to St. John's and the family business has been headquartered there ever since. His son John, subsequently Sir John, expanded into many diverse businesses and founded Crosbie and Company Limited at the turn of the century.
Sir John Crosbie's legacy of entrepreneurship, public service and philanthropy has set the standard for three successive generations of the family. The Crosbie Group limited is now in its 5th generation as a family business and has sustained the spirit of the company's last 100 plus years by continuing its involvement in industries that have been at the core of its success, while branching into the emerging and evolving sectors that the province has come to offer.
In March of 2019 it was announced that Crosbie Group has been named as one of Canada's Best Managed Companies for the fifth year in a row . The Canada's Best Managed Companies program recognizes excellence in privately-owned Canadian companies and symbolizes companies who are focused on their core vision, creating stakeholder value and excelling in the global economy. We are very proud to have joined a very inspiring group of companies sharing this designation.
Currently the Group's interests are concentrated in the following four principle areas:
- Offshore Oil & Gas
- Onshore Industrial
- Real Estate