Hickman Automotive Group is looking for an Accounting Clerk to join our team at Hickman Chevrolet Cadillac in St. John's. If you are an energetic and motivated individual who has a positive attitude and a desire to succeed, you may be exactly who we are looking for!
The Accounting Clerk is responsible for posting daily bank transactions and invoices, as well as collecting and remitting payment for motor vehicle registrations. They are also required to assist with other accounting duties as needed.
What you'll do
Daily posting of all bank transactions.
Collect and remit payment for Motor Vehicle registrations.
Assisting with cheque run, vehicle sales accounting, cash office, and vehicle transfers when needed.
- Assisting the management team with various month end procedures.
- Occasional front desk reception coverage, as required.
- Additional duties as required.
What you'll need
Graduation from a recognized post-secondary institution.
Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office.
- Excellent computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Excel.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and planning skills.
- Strong work ethic.
- Above average time management skills.
- Excellent telephone and communication skills.
- Ability to work both independently as well as in a team environment.
- Ability to "think outside the box" and adapt to new technologies and processes.
- Ability to manage time efficiently.
We're looking for
Look for yourself
A little bit about us
Hickman Automotive Group
What does it mean to work at Hickman Automotive Group? Well, we are a 4th generation family-owned and operated business that has been leading the province's automotive industry for 110 years. We believe that Family Drives Everything in our company, so our 400+ employees are all valued and treated like family. Our goal is to go above and beyond to exceed the expectations of our customers and employees! We value honesty, diversity, interpersonal growth, supporting our community, and unconditional dedication to excellence.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
- What's in it for YOU? Here's what we have to offer:
- Collaborative team-driven environment
- Growth within the company
- Coalition groups that work together to generate new ideas
- Canada Life Group Benefits
- Employee pricing on all Hickman Automotive Group vehicles
- Pension plan
- Employee Recognition programs
- Support and encouragement for employees to further improve their education
- Employee Assistance Program
- Team-Building Events
- And much more!
If you want a career that offers a competitive compensation and benefits package in a positive and enthusiastic work environment, submit your cover letter and resume on or before May 13, 2022.
Hickman Automotive Group is committed to employment equity and welcomes applications from all qualified candidates. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.