Join our team: Academic Support Coordinator
Are you an exceptionally well-organized individual with high attention to detail?
Do you enjoy collaborating with others?
Do you have administrative experience in an academic environment?
Yes? You may be interested in the position of:
Academic Support Coordinator
The Academic Support Coordinator serves as a coordinator and administrative officer. This is a hybrid position and requires the successful candidate to be within a four-hour drive of our offices in Fredericton, NB.
What you'll do
The Academic Support Coordinator reports to the Program Manager or Dean of Academics and is responsible for supporting the programs at the University of Fredericton. As the Academic Support Coordinator, you can expect to:
- Prepare course evaluation summaries for all programs
- Conduct new faculty orientations
- Provide teaching and learning support by supporting the faculty review process
- Complete administrative functions including but not limited to preparing and processing grade sheets, completing course calendars, preparing Term Matrices, preparing contracts, and processing invoices
- Assist in program and institutional review, including accreditation and assessment; provide required information for maintenance of any university certifications and/or accreditations
- Ensure compliance with academic accreditation requirements, appropriate academic regulations, and policies and processes
- Ensure compliance with applicable university policies; recommend policy changes if required
- Represent the University in external functions as may be required
- Participate on committees as appropriate
What you'll need
- Extremely well organized with excellent attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, organizational, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Excellent MS Office skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a team player and a relationship builder.
- Ability to maintain a professional appearance and provide a positive company image.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent work experience
- Master's degree is considered an asset
A little bit about us
University of Fredericton
The University of Fredericton is fully recognized as a degree-granting institution by the Province of New Brunswick. Our mission is to provide our students with an exciting, rewarding and affordable lifelong learning path of professional education, with programs scheduled to accommodate both professional and personal lives.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
In addition to your base compensation, joining the UFred team means you will be part of a rapidly expanding organization. UFred values its employees and ensures they are able to enjoy Wellness and Balance, and Professional Development.
- Wellness and Balance: UFred employees actively utilize subsidized Health and Vision Care, as well as an RRSP Match program. They spend paid time off with those who are important to them between Christmas and New Years, as well as and on their birthdays. The possibility for flexible work arrangements, an Active Living Benefit, and Wellness days are additional benefits enjoyed by our staff.
- Professional Development: UFred supports both internal and external opportunities to support your development needs.
Hours of work
This is a full-time position (35 hours), under regular business hours, Monday-Friday 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM. The position is available in Fredericton, NB with the possibility to work remotely, and attend in-office meetings, as required.
Who are we?
The University of Fredericton (UFred) is a fully-online university based out of Fredericton, NB. UFred was founded on the notion that education should be driven by the needs of today's learners. The fully-online, no-residency required model of education that UFred offers is designed specifically for online delivery that is applied and relevant. Learners can begin their UFred journey from a range of starting points depending on their interests, level of education, and professional experience, and can continue along a customized path to fulfill their ultimate learning goals.
The University of Fredericton is passionately committed to ensuring a positive and professional working environment in which all people are treated with dignity and respect. We value diversity, equity, and inclusion and aim to provide a fair and consistent method for filling job openings in support of equality of opportunity and cultural diversity within the company. We encourage applications from all qualified applicants, including women, persons with disabilities, Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour (BIPOC), people from the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Transsexual, Queer, Questioning, Two-Spirit, Intersex, Asexual + (LGBTQ2SIA+) community, and other equity-seeking groups.
If this sounds like a team that you're ready to be a part of, please apply before October 3, 2023!