We're growing and it's happening fast! We're fortunate to share our successes with an incredible and talented team who share a passion for what they do. Right now, we have immediate openings for experienced and energetic individuals to join that team.
There are multiple positions open for this role!
3D Multimedia Specialist
You have a passion for developing the design and visual content of eLearning projects. You enjoy working cohesively with multi-disciplinary teams to develop and produce high quality, high impact online courseware.
What you'll do
- Effectively model and render 3D assets as required including:
- Complex interior components
- Hard surfaces
- Organic models
- High level of detail
- Low resolution game assets
- Unwrap 3D models and compact UV sets
- Rig characters/vehicles and other 3D assets to achieve desired animation in an efficient manner
- Render and composite multiple render passes in Photoshop, After Effects and other compositing packages
- Texture models based on reference material
- Edit video and output in multiple formats (FLV, AVI, MP4 etc.)
- Create interactive flash/HTML5 animations
- Provide accurate level of effort estimates for forecasting
- Participate in strategy and concept development of design elements
- Work with various internal clients (Subject Matter Experts, Instructional Designers, Business Development) providing ideas and creative support to respective initiatives
- Develop custom interface layouts
- Determine the best way to achieve the desired media using existing stock imagery, development of new material, or a combination of both
- Consult with clients to establish the overall look and feel of graphical elements
- Read, comprehend, and execute media requests
- Determine size and arrangement of illustrative material and copy
- Follow project standards to ensure all media assets meet established guidelines
- Adhere to proper project workflow as outlined by the Bluedrop QMS
What you'll need
Diploma or certificate in 3D animation or graphic design would be considered an asset
- Minimum of 2 years' experience working in multimedia design field
- Proficiency in 3D development processes and tools including:
- 3D Studio Max
- Ability to learn new industry techniques and software packages and integrate new workflows in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional organizational skills with an ability to handle multiple initiatives, projects, and deadlines
- Familiarity with the Adobe CC Suite, specifically: Photoshop, Illustrator, Animate/Flash, After Effects and Premiere
- Experience in any of the following would be considered an asset:
- Unity 3D
- Zbrush 4 (Hard Surface Sculpting)
- Flash ActionScript (2, 3)
- Articulate Storyline
- User Experience/UX Design
- Must be able to obtain a Government of Canada security clearance.
We're looking for
A little bit about us
Bluedrop Training & Simulation
Bluedrop Training & Simulation Inc. (BTS) operates within the defense and aerospace industry where it designs and develops highly specialized, high performance, tactical training for front line operators of equipment working in complex environments and high-risk situations. This includes, training systems needs analysis, custom courseware development, virtual simulation training devices, and ongoing training support for in service support. Typical customers include Tier one OEMs such as Boeing, Lockheed Martin and Sikorsky.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
This is an excellent opportunity for ambitious, career-oriented individuals who wish to be part of a large, dynamic, and highly successful organization. Please forward your resume, in confidence, by clicking Apply Now, to be considered for this current vacancy. While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Bluedrop Training & Simulation Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We just hire the best….