Facilities Support Assistant (FS4)
Institute of Technology Campus
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Department of Facilities and Engineering
1 Continuing Full Time Position: Commencing approximately December 11, 2023
1 Term Full-Time Term Position: Commencing approximately December 11, 2023 and ending approximately June 28, 2024
Application deadline is 11:59 pm, November 23, 2023
Competition No. 2324-68
Salary range: $37,804.29 to $39,266.36 annually
What you'll do
- You will perform a full range of routine and special cleaning duties associated with keeping the Campus in a safe and hygienic condition.
- You may also perform routine painting duties and room rental setups. The hours of work will vary as required. Shift work and on call duties as required.
What you'll need
Qualifications and Occupational Experience:
- The minimum educational qualification for this position is a high school diploma or recognized equivalent (GED) or willingness to attain a high school diploma or GED prior to obtaining regular status. Training in WHMIS and Occupational Health and Safety regulations would be considered an asset, as would Standard First Aid and CPR and possession of a valid NS driver's license.
- You have a minimum of one-year experience as a cleaner (including the operation of waxing and polishing machines and automatic scrubbers). Custodial and/or maintenance experience in a post-secondary or commercial setting would be considered an asset.
- Occupational experience that includes working in one or more trades (carpentry, plumbing, electrical) would be considered an asset would be considered an asset.
- You are familiar with and comfortable using computer applications such as the Microsoft Office Suite, E-mail and Megamation.
- You have demonstrated experience providing general, preventative, and scheduled maintenance duties.
Relevant Skills and Knowledge:
- You demonstrate a commitment to diversity and inclusion
- You possess excellent interpersonal skills that enable you to interact at all levels of an organization
- You are known for your superior customer service skills and are able to create a relationship of trust beyond the immediate interaction
- Your superb team working skills enable you to contribute positively to a team environment
- You have specific technical occupational knowledge and skill operating auto scrubbers, carpet extraction equipment, and other custodial related equipment.
- You are familiar working within and committed to complying with OHS policies and procedures
- You possess excellent coordination skills specifically related to coordinating services, work, events, logistics
- You demonstrate a strong commitment to excellence
- You are dedicated to life-long learning
- You show a strong commitment to community involvement
- You are able to perform all physical duties of the job as required for the operation and maintenance of the facilities and operation of small hand tools and shop equipment
Look for yourself
A little bit about us
Nova Scotia Community College
We value Diversity and Inclusion
The College values diversity and inclusion and is committed to employment equity. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates including Aboriginal/Indigenous Persons, Black/African Nova Scotians, members of racially visible communities, persons with disabilities, persons of a minority sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, and women. Applicants from these communities wishing to self-identify may do so by completing the online questionnaire within the application.
All NSCC positions are advertised every Tuesday and Thursday. To learn more about us and our hiring process, please follow this link.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
Candidates selected for interviews will be expected to provide at least three recent occupational references. The successful candidate will be expected to provide official transcripts to show proof of academic achievements.
NSCC is committed to the full inclusion of all applicants. As part of this commitment, NSCC will ensure that applicants are provided reasonable accommodations, as required. If accommodation is needed to participate in the job application process, please contact David Meister ([email protected]). Our Employee Workplace Accommodation Policy can be found here.
Unfortunately, we can not accept late or paper applications