Manager, IT Service Delivery and Operations (CL7)
Halifax, Nova Scotia
This position may be eligible for Hybrid Flex or Remote Flex work after demonstrating successful progression and proficiency in the position.
Department of Digital Innovation and Technology
Continuing Full time Position: Commencing approximately January 08, 2024
Application deadline is 11:59, November 23, 2023
Competition No. 2324-66
Salary range: $93,313.257 to $114,486.184 annually
What you'll do
What you will be doing…
- The Manager of Service Delivery assumes responsibility for ensuring the streamlined and effective delivery of IT services and operations across our campuses and learning centers. The incumbent will be pivotal in cultivating and managing relationships between the Digital Innovation and Technology department and its internal and external partners.
- Leading a dedicated team of IT professionals, they will collaborate closely with other departments to understand their needs, aligning projects with technology to maximize return on investments while ensuring the seamless delivery and operations of IT systems throughout our campuses and learning centers.
- The manager will optimize service delivery processes, elevate service levels, and enrich customer satisfaction. Additionally, they will actively contribute to developing and implementing strategic budgets, IT service initiatives, strategies, policies, and procedures.
What you'll need
Qualifications and Occupational Experience:
- The minimum educational qualification for this position is a College diploma or bachelor's degree in computer science or information technology. An ITIL professional designation is required.
- You have at least 7 years of recent and related occupational experience in IT service operations and delivery, including managing service desks, budgets, people, incident management, problem management, and change management.
- Occupational experience that includes IT service delivery in the educational post-secondary sector and budget and capital project management would be considered an asset.
- You are familiar with and comfortable using computer applications such as Microsoft Office Suite, E-mail, PeopleSoft, ITSM, budgeting and inventory tools/services.
- You are comfortable working in a digital environment; you take responsibility for acquiring knowledge about advancing technology; and you are committed to using technology to create an exceptional student experience.
- You have experience in training/facilitation preparation and delivery.
Relevant Skills and Knowledge
- You demonstrate a commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- You possess excellent interpersonal skills that enable you to interact at all levels of an organization.
- You are known for your superior customer service skills and can create a relationship of trust beyond immediate interaction.
- Your superb teamwork skills enable you to contribute positively to a team environment.
- You have specific occupational knowledge and skills in relationship, service level, vendor, and digital security management, desktop computing, Audio Visual and event support, enterprise print management, networking, and phone systems. )
- You are known for your problem-solving and critical-thinking skills.
- You possess excellent coordination skills in managing people, services, projects, logistics and events.
- You have strong project management skills.
- You have demonstrated strength in supervising, managing, and leading a team.
- You demonstrate a strong commitment to organizational excellence.
- You are dedicated to life-long learning.
- You show a strong commitment to community involvement.
A little bit about us
Nova Scotia Community College
We value Diversity and Inclusion
The College values diversity and inclusion and is committed to employment equity. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates including Aboriginal/Indigenous Persons, Black/African Nova Scotians, members of racially visible communities, persons with disabilities, persons of a minority sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, and women. Applicants from these communities wishing to self-identify may do so by completing the online questionnaire within the application.
All NSCC positions are advertised every Tuesday and Thursday. To learn more about us and our hiring process, please follow this link.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
Candidates selected for interviews will be expected to provide at least three recent, occupational references. The successful candidate will be expected to provide official transcripts to show proof of academic achievements.
NSCC is committed to the full inclusion of all applicants. As part of this commitment, NSCC will ensure that applicants are provided reasonable accommodations, as required. If accommodation is needed to participate in the job application process, please contact David Meister, HR Generalist at [email protected]. Our Employee Workplace Accommodation Policy can be found here.