Administrative Assistant 2 (OA11)
Education, Community College
Nova Scotia Community College (NSCC) Akerley Campus
Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Continuing Full-time Position: Commencing approximately March 1, 2024
Application deadline is 11:59 PM, February 15, 2024
Competition No. 2324-137
Salary range: $41,966.21 to $46,954.52 annually
What you'll do
What you will be doing…
Reporting the Manager, Administrative Services, you will:
- Provide a full range of administrative support services for the Business Office.
- Provide superior customer service to all clients, including but not limited to: students, staff and the public.
- Be responsible for all functions relating to Accounts Receivable. These functions include but are not limited to the following: receipting of money, processing and balancing daily deposits, student loan confirmations, and assisting students regarding tuition, sponsorships, overdue account review and withdrawals/refunds.
Other administrative duties will include campus reception functions, processing journal vouchers, and responding to telephone and in-person enquiries.
What you'll need
Qualifications and Occupational Experience:
- The minimum educational qualification for this position is a post-secondary certificate or diploma in Business or Office Administration combined with a minimum of two years' recent and related experience in a fast-paced office environment. Or you have the recognized equivalency of a high school diploma with significant (10+) years of administrative experience.
- You are familiar with and comfortable using computer applications such as the Microsoft Office Suite, E-mail, and large ERP systems such as Peoplesoft, Oracle, SAP, etc
- You are comfortable working in a digital environment; you take responsibility for acquiring knowledge about advancing technology; and you are committed to using technology in advancing your work
- Experience with Peoplesoft managing student financials would be considered an asset
- Experience supporting/providing service to students and prospective students would be considered an asset.
- Experience working with Accounts Receivable would be preferred.
Relevant Skills and Knowledge
- You demonstrate a commitment to equity, diversity, inclusion, accessibility and anti-racism
- You possess excellent interpersonal skills and are able to interact at all levels of an organization
- You are known for your superior customer service skills and are able to create a relationship of trust beyond the immediate interaction
- Your superb team working skills enable you to contribute positively to a team environment
- You have specific technical occupational knowledge and skill in data entry and managing financials in a large ERP system (Peoplesoft preferred))
- You are known for your problem solving and critical thinking skills
- You are a strong communicator
- You possess excellent coordination skills specifically related to operating in a fast paced client-facing Business Office
- Occupational experience that includes basic front desk duties (taking payment using debit/credit machine; closing and balancing cash, reception, etc) will be considered an asset.
- You demonstrate a strong commitment to excellence (in ensuring accurate posting of accounts, reconciling cash, accurately dealing with inquiries, processing refunds, etc
A little bit about us
Nova Scotia Community College
We value Diversity and Inclusion
The College values diversity and inclusion and is committed to employment equity. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates including Aboriginal/Indigenous Persons, Black/African Nova Scotians, members of racially visible communities, persons with disabilities, persons of a minority sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, and women. Applicants from these communities wishing to self-identify may do so by completing the online questionnaire within the application.
All NSCC positions are advertised every Tuesday and Thursday. To learn more about us and our hiring process, please follow this link.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
Candidates selected for interviews will be expected to provide at least three recent, occupational references. The successful candidate will be expected to provide official transcripts to show proof of academic achievements.
NSCC is committed to the full inclusion of all applicants. As part of this commitment, NSCC will ensure that applicants are provided reasonable accommodations, as required. If accommodation is needed to participate in the job application process, please contact Nikki Berrigan, HR Generalist at [email protected]. Our Employee Workplace Accommodation Policy can be found here.