Reporting to the Manager - IT Infrastructure, the Desktop Support Technician is the first line of support for all NSLC IT desktop support issues. The Desktop Support Technician is responsible for timely and effective resolutions to end user desktop productivity issues as they relate to IT serviced computer operations. The role performs question/problem diagnoses, guides users through to issue resolution, communicates technical solutions in user friendly language and conducts end user training where necessary, to ensure consistent and timely solutions.
What you'll do
- Resolve end user technology issues, such as desktop/laptop problems, password resets, software questions, printing problems, Internet connectivity, mobile phone support, etc.
- Provide one-on-one end user support and problem resolution via telephone, email, instant messaging, remote desktop applications, and in person
- Install and maintain end user computers, printers, and authorized peripherals
- Diagnose and resolve minor network issues (e.g. LAN access)
- Liaise with 2nd and 3rd level IT support staff and vendors providing timely client feedback
- Participate in moves, adds, and changes to network and systems access for new, departing, and/or transferred employees
- Accurately log service requests and resolutions into service desk software management system
- Prioritize service requests according to level of business impact and other established criteria
- Document installation, troubleshooting, and maintenance procedures
- Use service desk tickets to pinpoint trends and trouble spots in order to conduct proactive maintenance
- Conduct training sessions and/or create training materials for end users
- Participate in an after-hours on call rotation as required
- Demonstrate commitment to the NSLC's Values
- Demonstrate commitment to the NSLC's social responsibility mandate
- Demonstrate commitment to workplace health and safety
- Perform other related duties as assigned; occasional travel as required
What you'll need
As a qualified candidate, you will have:
- Diploma in Computer Technology or related equivalent.
- Microsoft Desktop and Office training and/or certification.
As an ideal candidate you will have:
- 1-3 years' experience in computer/information systems environment.
- Industry certification such as CompTIA A+
- IT experience in the retail industry
- Experience working with applications supporting retail/supply chain management and sales information systems
A little bit about us
Nova Scotia Liquor Corporation (NSLC)
Be Part of Something Good - Our people are the heart of what we do, why we do it, and are the key to our ongoing success
Since 1930, we have come together for the good of this beautiful province we call home. The NSLC manages the safe and responsible sale of beverage alcohol and cannabis in Nova Scotia. We contribute to the good of our province with responsible sales, the impact we have on the communities we serve and by the financial contribution we make that helps create a stronger Nova Scotia. We are committed to improving the well-being of our customers, employees and communities across the province. For more information about the NSLC, please visit our website.
A diverse team equals success When our team members bring their true selves to work, we celebrate. We know that diversity of thought, identity,culture,and background makes for an innovative and successful team. If you require accommodations for an interview or need support in applying, please contact us at [email protected]
Are you interested?
Work With Us
If you are interested in being considered for this role please apply online no later than 11:59pm on November 30, 2023.