The Manager, Digital Content is responsible for leading the cross-functional development of the NSLC's integrated content strategy to create meaningful brand experiences for customers and team members. This role includes leading the content team and managing a wide range of initiatives designed to enhance user experience, promote, and optimize messaging across internal and external channels. Working with Communications, Strategy & Responsibility (CSR), Insights & Customer Engagement (ICE), as well as other internal teams, and external agency partners, this role will lead organic and paid content strategy to ensure effective communication in alignment with business objectives.
What you'll do
- Lead the strategic development of content guidelines and governance for NSLC's internal and external digital content channels based on past performance and industry best practices to support business objectives.
- Provide strategic direction and management of the NSLC's owned digital content and social media strategies by channel, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
- Support cross-functional promotional plans with a focus on developing and deploying digital media plans, evolving content in support of marketing and communications objectives, both internal and external, and building community engagement through the NSLC's owned channels.
- Lead content team and liaise with Marketing and Creative Services to support content creation, optimization, monitoring, management, and reporting of activity on NSLC's internal and external digital channels, from planning through to measurement within an established set of objectives.
- Provide direction and support for projects to enhance NSLC's web presence, including e-commerce, user experience (UX) and search engine optimization (SEO) improvements.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to advise on the development and implementation of marketing and communications plans, including development of influencer and content partnerships.
- React and adapt to issues as they arise, practicing sound judgment to ensure we're sharing meaningful and relevant content across channels that is sensitive to community or global events.
- Lead performance reporting of KPIs, trends, channel best practices, customer sentiment and optimization recommendations for digital content channels, and ensure appropriate integration with research and insights to provide a holistic view of digital performance in support of business objectives.
- Collaborate with marketing, CSR and other Business Units as required, along with and agency partners as digital content subject matter expert, to support decisions related to content creation, social support, and digital reporting support as appropriate.
- Assess and lead development of new digital content channels for NSLC as appropriate (i.e., new social media channels, NSLC-owned email, etc.).
- Manage and develop a team of direct reports including goal setting, defining personal growth opportunities, regular performance feedback and formal PAs.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with key stakeholders, including those in the CS&R, ICE, IT and HR business units.
- Assist in the development and achievement of annual business unit plan, objectives and budget; achieve individual objectives as assigned.
- Make recommendations regarding efficiency and effectiveness of current processes related to this role.
- Provide subject matter expertise on the development and maintenance of NSLC policies related to social media and/or digital platform use.
- Monitor industry trends and make recommendations to enhance our corporate reputation and brand in the marketplace via digital channels.
- Monitor content shared by external partners to identify opportunities to share or engage.
- Demonstrate commitment to the NSLC's KORE Values, social responsibility mandate and workplace health and safety.
- Performs other related duties as assigned, including some travel, within Nova Scotia.
What you'll need
As a qualified candidate, you will have:
- Undergraduate degree in Marketing, Public Relations, or Communications
- At least 6 years' experience in a digital content management role
- Experience in insights and reporting for digital platforms (website, social media, etc)
- Experience working with or in an advertising agency, in a project management capacity
As an ideal candidate you will also have:
- Experience leading people
- Experience planning and executing organic and paid content
- Experience managing social media influencer partnerships
- Experience working with SharePoint, SiteCore and/or other digital platforms
An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
A little bit about us
Nova Scotia Liquor Corporation (NSLC)
Be Part of Something Good - Our people are the heart of what we do, why we do it, and are the key to our ongoing success
Since 1930, we have come together for the good of this beautiful province we call home. The NSLC manages the safe and responsible sale of beverage alcohol and cannabis in Nova Scotia. We contribute to the good of our province with responsible sales, the impact we have on the communities we serve and by the financial contribution we make that helps create a stronger Nova Scotia. We are committed to improving the well-being of our customers, employees and communities across the province. For more information about the NSLC, please visit our website.
A diverse team equals success When our team members bring their true selves to work, we celebrate. We know that diversity of thought, identity,culture,and background makes for an innovative and successful team. If you require accommodations for an interview or need support in applying, please contact us at [email protected]
Are you interested?
Work With Us
If you are interested in being considered for this opportunity, please apply online no later than 11:59 pm on June 8, 2023.