Reporting to the Manager, Workplace Health and Safety, the HR Coordinator is responsible for providing support to the Workplace Health & Safety team and HR Business Partners. The HR Coordinator maintains accurate records related to sick leaves, WCB claims, the NSLC's Attendance Support Program and labour relations matters.
They also liaise directly with the Workers' Compensation Board on claims registration and management of the self-insured account. The role promotes awareness of individual and family health and promotes a Safe & Healthy Workplace within the organization.
What you'll do
- Provide administrative support including facilitation of the sick leave exhaust process, sick leave reimbursement for WCB claims, maintaining a bring forward list for all independent medical examination reports and reviewing outstanding employee change actions, following up as appropriate
- Oversee compliance of the Attendance Support Program, ensuring appropriate documentation is submitted and recorded, following up as appropriate
- Review and analyze employee data such as sick leaves, to determine sick incidents and/or possible sick leave exhaust and communicate to Workplace Health Consulants and Regional Directors
- Respond appropriately to employee inquiries concerning policies and procedures, escalating as required
- Prepare, copy, distribute and file a variety of written and electronic documents, including medical reports and forms, correspondences, grievance and arbitration documents and meeting minutes
- Maintain office filing system for all records to ensure efficient storage and retrieval of information
- Organize and attend WH&S related committee meetings as required
- Liaise with internal customers and WCB on all workplace incidents; ensure accurate submission of information on all WCB claims, legal billings, WCB reconciliation and bill payments, and allocate costs to the appropriate business units
- Provide data and support to the HR Safety Consultant, in the completion of regular OHS Corporate Reports
- Input data into HRIS and OHS data programs and review data to ensure accuracy
- Coordinate Sharepoint updates and distribute program updates as required
- Provide input into process improvement; participate in reviews of policies and operating practices and procedures
- Assist with the coordination of events (ie. safety rep training, flu clinic, labour management etc.)
- Demonstrate commitment to the NSLC's social responsibility mandate
- Demonstrate commitment to employee health and safety
- Perform other related duties as assigned
What you'll need
As a qualified candidate, you will have:
- An undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline
- Two years experience in a Human Resources environment
- Strong computer literacy in standard desktop and web applications, including intermediate MS Word and Excel skills
- Strong organization and time management skills
As an ideal candidate you will also have:
- Experience in HR with a focus in Labour Relations and/or Occupational Health and Safety
- A certificate or post graduate diploma in Human Resources Management
- CPHR or equivalent designation
A little bit about us
Nova Scotia Liquor Corporation (NSLC)
Be Part of Something Good - Our people are the heart of what we do, why we do it, and are the key to our ongoing success
Since 1930, we have come together for the good of this beautiful province we call home. The NSLC manages the safe and responsible sale of beverage alcohol and cannabis in Nova Scotia. We contribute to the good of our province with responsible sales, the impact we have on the communities we serve and by the financial contribution we make that helps create a stronger Nova Scotia. We are committed to improving the well-being of our customers, employees and communities across the province. For more information about the NSLC, please visit our website.
A diverse team equals success When our team members bring their true selves to work, we celebrate. We know that diversity of thought, identity,culture,and background makes for an innovative and successful team. If you require accommodations for an interview or need support in applying, please contact us at [email protected]
Are you interested?
Work With Us
If you are interested in being considered for this role please apply online no later than 11:59pm on June 9, 2023.