We are looking for customer-focused individuals to join our team in our Distribution Centre in Halifax. Warehouse Workers are responsible for handling stock, picking and preparing customer orders, loading and unloading trucks and receiving inbound stock; all with a focus on safety, accuracy and efficiency. Our Warehouse Workers are typically scheduled Monday to Friday for up to 40 hours per week. Hours may vary and there could be occasional weekend work, depending on operational needs.
As an NSLC team member, you'll join more than 1800 friendly and knowledgeable individuals who are committed to delivering a strong retail experience that supports local industry and delivers on our commitment of corporate social responsibility. We work hard to provide a supportive and engaging environment that includes an onboarding program for new members.
What you'll need
- Be at least 19 years of age
Be willing to complete a Criminal Record check (cost covered by NSLC)
- Be physically able to lift 23 kg (50lbs)
- Be available to work shift work, including overnights and weekends
- Experience working in a warehouse or distribution centre
- Order selection experience
- Experience working at heights
- Warehouse Management System experience
- Experience in operating a forklift or end rider
A little bit about us
Nova Scotia Liquor Corporation (NSLC)
Be Part of Something Good - Our people are the heart of what we do, why we do it, and are the key to our ongoing success
Since 1930, we have come together for the good of this beautiful province we call home. The NSLC manages the safe and responsible sale of beverage alcohol and cannabis in Nova Scotia. We contribute to the good of our province with responsible sales, the impact we have on the communities we serve and by the financial contribution we make that helps create a stronger Nova Scotia. We are committed to improving the well-being of our customers, employees and communities across the province. For more information about the NSLC, please visit our website.
A diverse team equals success When our team members bring their true selves to work, we celebrate. We know that diversity of thought, identity,culture,and background makes for an innovative and successful team. If you require accommodations for an interview or need support in applying, please contact us at [email protected]
Are you interested?
Work With Us
NSLC offers an attractive package for casual employees that includes:
- A starting hourly pay rate of $16.08/hour
- Hourly rate increases to $22.41/hour after working 1500 hours
- Hourly rate increases to $24.08/hour after working 3000 hours
- Additional pay in lieu of benefits, in accordance with our collective agreement
If you meet the above qualifications and are interested in this opportunity, please apply now. The NSLC is an equal opportunity employer. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.