Halifax, Nova Scotia
Department of Organizational Development
Term Full-Time Position: Commencing approximately October 2, 2023 and ending approximately December 29, 2024.
Application deadline is 11:59pm, September 26, 2023
Competition No. 2023-341
Salary range: $60,506.987 to $71,184.691 annually
This is a designated position open to members of the following groups:
- Aboriginal/Indigenous persons
- Members of racially visible communities
- Members of the African Nova Scotian/Black Canadian communities
What you'll do
Reporting to the Director, Organizational Developing and functionally reporting to the HR Manager, Labour and Employee Relations, the HR Coordinator will:
- Provide administrative support services to the OD Management Team.
- Have overall responsibility for the day-to-day administrative functions of the Director, Organizational Development and HR Manager, Labour & Employee Relations, as well as supporting key functions for the Labour & Employee Relations and HR Consulting teams.
- Provide high level administrative support to the Director, demonstrating independence, discretion and initiative in anticipating needs, while juggling multiple and competing priorities. Key areas of responsibility include maintaining the filing system (electronic and hard copy), oversees expense claims and invoices; calendar management responsibilities; is responsible for all meeting logistics and is responsible for providing confidential administrative support on HR matters, such as support on case files, key support on department initiatives or projects, etc.
- Be responsible for coordinating and tracking union grievances, taking, and distributing minutes for college union committees mandated by three collective agreements, and coordinating materials and meeting arrangements for collective bargaining.
- Be responsible for coordinating and distributing materials and meeting arrangements for Professional Support and Operational Support job evaluation committees.
- Under the guidance of the Employee Relations Consultants, prepares seniority listings for all three bargaining units.
What you'll need
Qualifications and Occupational Experience:
- The minimum educational qualification for this position is a diploma in Human Resources, Business, or Office Administration, or the recognized equivalencies.
- You have a minimum of 3 years of recent and related occupational experience working in a fast-paced office environment. Working in a Human Resources environment would be considered an asset.
- You have occupational experience providing customer service, organizing meetings, events and projects.
- You have experience with basic accounting and financial records/reporting.
- You are familiar with and comfortable using computer applications such as the Microsoft Office Suite, E-mail, MS Teams and SharePoint.
- Experience using PeopleSoft would be considered an asset.
- You are comfortable working in a digital environment; you take responsibility for acquiring knowledge about advancing technology; and you are committed to using technology to create an exceptional student experience.
Relevant Skills and Knowledge:
- You demonstrate a commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- You possess excellent interpersonal skills that enable you to interact at all levels of an organization.
- You are known for your superior customer service skills and are able to create a relationship of trust beyond the immediate interaction.
- Your superb team working skills enable you to contribute positively to a team environment.
- You have specific technical occupational knowledge and skill in planning, scheduling and performing a wide variety of moderately complex to difficult administrative tasks.
- You are known for your problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- You are a strong communicator.
- You possess excellent coordination skills specifically related to coordinating services, work, events, logistics, etc.).
- You have proven records and information management skills and abilities.
- You are dedicated to life-long learning.
A little bit about us
Nova Scotia Community College
All NSCC positions are advertised every Tuesday and Thursday. To learn more about us and our hiring process, please follow this link.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
Candidates selected for interviews will be expected to provide at least three recent, occupational references. The successful candidate will be expected to provide official transcripts to show proof of academic achievements.
NSCC is committed to the full inclusion of all applicants. As part of this commitment, NSCC will ensure that applicants are provided reasonable accommodations, as required. If accommodation is needed to participate in the job application process, please contact Nikki Berrigan, HR Generalist at [email protected]. Our Employee Workplace Accommodation Policy can be found here.