Education, Community College
NSCC Pictou Campus
Stellarton, Nova Scotia
Pictou Campus Cafeteria
Recurring Full-time Position: Commencing approximately October 3, 2023 and ending approximately April 19, 2024 and recurring annually between September and April
Application deadline is 11:59PM, September 28, 2023
Competition No. 2023-336
Salary range: $43,648.82 to $47,033.02 annually
What you'll do
What you will be doing…
Reporting to the Manager, Administrative Services the cook will:
- Be responsible for all operations of the Campus Cafeteria, which includes supervision of staff, menu planning, ordering supplies and equipment, receiving and storage of food supplies.
- Be responsible for overseeing the cleanliness of the cafeteria and food preparation areas in accordance with legislated standards for hygiene and the management of cash receipts.
What you'll need
Qualifications and Occupational Experience:
- The minimum educational qualification for this position is Journeyperson cook status (Red Seal Interprovincial) in cooking. In addition, you possess the Food Handler's course, WHMIS training and approved Emergency First Aid including CPR.
- You have a minimum of five years of recent and related occupational experience in food services with a successful track record of supervising others.
- Experience working in a cafeteria will be considered an asset.
- You are familiar with and comfortable using computer applications such as the Microsoft Office Suite, E-mail.
- You have demonstrated experience completing general maintenance duties (e.g. general and/or preventative and/or scheduled).
Relevant Skills and Knowledge
- You demonstrate a commitment to equity, diversity, inclusion, accessibility and anti-racism
- You possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills and are able to interact effectively with a diversity of people
- You are known for your superior customer service skills and are able to create a relationship of trust beyond the immediate interaction
- Your superb team working skills enable you to contribute positively to a team environment
- You have specific technical occupational knowledge and skill in operating equipment in a large kitchen environment (e.g. operating specific equipment, inventory control, performing audits, etc.)
- You are familiar working within and committed to complying with OHS policies and procedures
- You have a proven ability to follow instructions
- You possess excellent coordination skills specifically related to food services
- You demonstrate a strong commitment to excellence in the delivery of food services
- ·You are dedicated to life-long learning
- You are able to perform all physical duties of the job as required for the operation and maintenance of the facilities and operation of small hand tools and shop equipment
A little bit about us
Nova Scotia Community College
All NSCC positions are advertised every Tuesday and Thursday. To learn more about us and our hiring process, please follow this link.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
Candidates selected for interviews will be expected to provide at least three recent, occupational references. The successful candidate will be expected to provide official transcripts to show proof of academic achievements.
NSCC is committed to the full inclusion of all applicants. As part of this commitment, NSCC will ensure that applicants are provided reasonable accommodations, as required. If accommodation is needed to participate in the job application process, please contact Nikki Berrigan, HR Generalist at [email protected]. Our Employee Workplace Accommodation Policy can be found here.