Campus Employee Services Advisor (CL1)
Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Campus Operations/Organizational Development
Continuing Full-time Position: Commencing approximately July 10, 2023
Application deadline is 11:59pm, June 8, 2023
Competition No. 2023-177
Salary range: $60,598.52 to $71,292.37 annually
This position may be eligible for hybrid or adhoc flexwork (2 - 3 days of remote work per week) after demonstrating successful progression in the position. Please visit www.nscc.ca for more details on our FlexWork Policy.
What you'll do
Reporting to the Campus Principal and functionally reporting to an HR Lead, you will:
- Provide support and service in response to the needs of individual employees and managers including providing full-service HR support to the Campus management team. Key areas of focus include responding to employee inquiries concerning their pay and benefits, providing frontline advice to staff in matters related to the College's policies, collective agreements and employment standards.
- Maintain and process employee data to meet audit requirements and ensure proper authorization is in place before initiating changes to employee records.
- Ensure all documentation of employee historical data (employment transactions, emergency contacts, employment agreements, performance appraisals, etc.) is updated in PeopleSoft and included in the Central employment file.
- Play a role on the Campus in the communication and implementation of Human Resources and Wellness initiatives.
- Work in partnership with other specialist areas of Human Resources, including Labour and Employee Relations, Payroll, HR Planning and others as needed to provide HR service support.
- Support managers in the audit portion of the hiring process, ensuring all competitions align with Fair Hiring processes.
What you'll need
Qualifications and Occupational Experience:
- The minimum educational qualification for this position is a college diploma in Human Resources or a related field such as Business Administration. We welcome applications from recent graduates.
- A Chartered Professional in Human Resources (CPHR) designation, Certified Employee Benefit Specialist (CEBS) designation and/or certification through the National Payroll Institute would be considered an asset.
- You possess current knowledge of human resource and payroll practices and an understanding of the implications of collective agreements and employment legislation.
- You are familiar with and comfortable using computer applications such as the Microsoft Office Suite, E-mail and SharePoint.
- Experience managing and using Human Resource Management Information System (HRIS) databases would be considered an asset.
- Experience using PeopleSoft would be considered an asset.
- Experience in a unionized environment would be considered a strong asset.
- Payroll experience would be considered an asset.
- Experience/knowledge of standard office and administrative procedures.
- You are comfortable working in a digital environment; you take responsibility for acquiring knowledge about advancing technology; and you are committed to using technology to create an exceptional employee experience.
Relevant Skills and Knowledge:
- You demonstrate a commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- You possess a commitment to confidentiality, accuracy, attention to detail and process excellence.
- You are known for your superior customer service skills and are able to create a relationship of trust beyond the immediate interaction.
- Your superb team working skills enable you to contribute positively to a team environment.
- You are known for your problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- You possess excellent presentation skills and can facilitate content effectively and engagingly to a variety of audiences.
- You are known for your superior interpersonal skills and can manage interpersonal relationships and issues effectively.
- You possess excellent coordination skills specifically related to managing multiple and often competing demands of managers, supporting campus events and functions and integrating administrative support functions with your HR responsibilities.
- Proven records and information management skills and abilities specifically related to processing and maintaining confidential human resources documentation.
- Dedicated to life-long learning and embrace opportunities for professional growth and development.
- Strong commitment to community involvement having a demonstrated track record of participating in community organizations or initiatives.
- Ability to take initiative and are highly organized and detail-oriented, with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
A little bit about us
Nova Scotia Community College
All NSCC positions are advertised every Tuesday and Thursday. To learn more about us and our hiring process, please follow this link.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
Candidates selected for interviews will be expected to provide at least three recent, occupational references. The successful candidate will be expected to provide official transcripts to show proof of academic achievements.
NSCC is committed to the full inclusion of all applicants. As part of this commitment, NSCC will ensure that applicants are provided reasonable accommodations, as required. If accommodation is needed to participate in the job application process, please contact Jaclynn Kelly, HR Generalist at [email protected] Our Employee Workplace Accommodation Policy can be found here.