Curriculum Consultant (PS5) (Designated)
Central Office, IT Campus
Halifax, Nova Scotia
This position may be eligible for hybrid or remote work after demonstrating successful progression in proficiency in the position. You can review our FlexWork Policy on https://www.nscc.ca/about_nscc/publications/policies_procedures/policies/flexwork-policy.asp
Department of Academic Development
Continuing Full Time Position: Commencing approximately May 30, 2022
Application deadline is 11:59PM, May 24, 2022
Competition No. 2022-121
This is a designated position open only to members who identify as Black/African Nova Scotian and Indigenous/Aboriginal community members.
The salary scale for Professional Support 5 is based on twelve steps that range from $67,360.27 - $94,169.94. New Professional Support may receive up to a maximum of seven steps for relevant occupational experience which is $80,866.90 annually
Based on public health guidelines, NSCC has returned to more in-person learning, supports and services. You may be required to work on campus, remotely or a combination of both as the Academic Year progresses. This will be clarified further upon hire.
NSCC firmly believes a vaccinated population is a vital part of keeping us, our friends, families and communities protected from COVID-19 and the developing, fast-moving variants. As such, we recommend that NSCC employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
What you'll do
What you will be doing…
As part of the Academic Development team, the Curriculum Consultant is responsible for the planning, organization, co-ordination, and development and continuous improvement of all program and course curricula offered across all lines of business including Core, Continuing Education and Customized Learning. The Curriculum Consultant works in close collaboration with Academic Schools and key stakeholders in the creation of high-quality program and course curricula that align to the standards of industry, regulatory bodies, legislative requirements, and to College standards, policies and processes.
The incumbent works closely with School Deans, Program Managers, Academic Chairs, faculty and subject matter experts, academic partners, industry, regulatory bodies, professional associations, other post-secondary educational institutions and other government agencies in the continuous improvement of College programs, with a strong focus on academic quality, teaching and learning, equity and accessibility. The curriculum consultant manages the curriculum development for new programs and courses, annual curriculum review and the curriculum analysis for the program review processes for programs under their oversight. They provide support, facilitation and guidance to faculty working groups in the area of curriculum and provide expert advice and guidance to assist in the creation of curriculum-related standards, policies and procedures.
Travel between campuses as required.
What you'll need
You are a collaborative, team player who takes personal accountability to deliver on what is expected in your role and you strive for excellence every day. You understand your position as a role model to each of our students and as such, you demonstrate the utmost professionalism, integrity and respect for all persons in everything you do. You are committed to life-long learning, occupational currency and a belief in NSCC's mission. You bring a learning-centered perspective to everything you do. You think broadly, celebrate diversity of thought, and respect the uniqueness of individuals. You flourish in a dynamic, changing and sometimes ambiguous environment by keeping informed and connected within your role and the College. Is this you?
Qualifications and Occupational Experience:
- The minimum educational qualification for this position is an undergraduate degree and recognized professional certification/designation in adult education.
- A focus on higher education, curriculum and/or teaching and learning is preferred. A master's degree is an asset.
- You have a minimum of five years of recent and related occupational experience in post-secondary education with a focus on development and delivery of curriculum including a focus on alignment to accreditation and regulatory frameworks and occupational standards, teaching and learning, and assessment and evaluation. Experience with e-learning would be considered an asset.
- You are aware of Universal Design for Learning and Culturally Responsive Pedagogy as educational frameworks, and have experience incorporating these principles into curriculum design.
- You are familiar with and comfortable using computer applications such as the Microsoft Office Suite, E-mail, proficiency in PeopleSoft, Share Point and Brightspace would be considered an asset.
- You are comfortable working in a digital environment; you take responsibility for acquiring knowledge about advancing technology; and you are committed to using technology to create an exceptional student experience.
- You are culturally competent and demonstrate a commitment to principles of equity. Knowledge and lived experience in this important work as well as previous experience working with African Nova Scotian communities, Indigenous communities and other equity seeking communities would be considered a strong asset.
Relevant Skills and Knowledge
- You demonstrate a cultural competency, and championing of equality and diversity as they relate to curriculum, teaching and learning. You possess excellent interpersonal skills that enable you to interact with a diversity of people and support resolution of issues
- You are known for your superior customer service skills and can create a relationship of trust beyond the immediate interaction
- Your superb team working skills enable you to contribute positively to a team environment
- You have specific technical occupational knowledge and skill in curriculum development, teaching and learning, academic quality and program quality assurance.
- You are known for your problem solving and critical thinking skills
- You are a strong communicator
- You possess excellent coordination skills specifically related to managing a high volume of program and course curriculum development and review involving multiple stakeholders.
- You have proven records and information management skills and abilities specifically related to researching and providing reports on matters relating to curriculum, surveys and special projects.
- You have strong project management skills and ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet tight deadlines.
- You are dedicated to life-long learning specifically related to maintaining currency in the area of educational development, curriculum and teaching and learning, industry and educational trends, as well as educational technologies.
Look for yourself
A little bit about us
Nova Scotia Community College
NSCC is committed to building Nova Scotia's economy and quality of life through education and innovation, transforming Nova Scotia one learner at a time. NSCC offers more than 140 career-oriented programs throughout the province at our 14 campuses, including our online eCampus. Programs are offered through five academic schools – Access, Education and Language; Business and Creative Industries; Health and Human Services, Technology and Environment; Trades and Transportation – and reflect the labour market needs and opportunities in Nova Scotia. NSCC's primary goal: student success. An annual survey of College graduates shows that 82% are employed one year after graduation, most in their field of study, with 94% of those employed living and working in Nova Scotia. NSCC makes things happen. We're growing the economy of Nova Scotia, we're producing highly skilled workers, and we're building communities. How are we doing it? By providing the most career-oriented education available in Nova Scotia today; by maintaining close links to industry; and by inviting exceptionally talented people to join NSCC's team of 2,000. Consider being a part of excellence in learning and having the chance to help build Nova Scotia's future while building your own. All NSCC positions are advertised every Tuesday and Thursday. To learn more about our hiring process, please follow this link.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
You will change lives. You will join committed individuals as we work to build Nova Scotia's economy and improve quality of life through education and innovation. As an NSCC employee, you will be part of that change.
You will find a place to grow personally and professionally with opportunities for professional development and collaborative projects.
You will do meaningful and challenging work in a publicly accountable and respectful working and learning environment that is diverse, safe and inclusive. You will have the freedom to enable innovation, improvement and excellence.
You will celebrate the uniqueness of individuals. NSCC campuses are located on the traditional territory of the Mi'kmaq People. Nova Scotia Community College values diversity and inclusion and is committed to employment equity. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates including Aboriginal/Indigenous Persons, members of racially visible communities, persons with disabilities, and women. Applicants from these communities wishing to self-identify may do so by completing an online questionnaire with your application.
As a condition of employment, Professional Support employees at NSCC must complete a two-year (part-time) adult education program delivered by NSCC. This adult education program is a significant investment on the part of NSCC in the learning and development of new employees. To achieve regular status; all probationary, full or part-time Professional Support employees of the College must successfully complete the program within their probationary period. Term full-time Professional Support employees whose term appointment is twelve or more months are also required to participate in this program.
NSCC offers a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package. As a learning-centred organization, we provide opportunities for every NSCC employee to be a life-long learner. Candidates selected for interviews will be expected to provide at least three recent, occupational references. The successful candidate will be expected to provide official transcripts to show proof of academic achievements.
NSCC is committed to the full inclusion of all applicants. As part of this commitment, NSCC will ensure that applicants are provided reasonable accommodations, as required. If accommodation is needed to participate in the job application process, please contact Nikki Berrigan, HR Generalist at [email protected] Our Employee Workplace Accommodation Policy can be found here: https://www.nscc.ca/about_nscc/policies_procedures/index.asp.
To apply for College jobs, click on the Apply Now button. First time users will be asked to set up an account with a username and password. There are three parts to your NSCC application:
- Your Profile. You can import your resume or your LinkedIn profile to help populate your profile (click Import Options, top right) or you can complete the profile manually. One thing to note if you are using a resume or LinkedIn; they may not import synchronously with the profile and you may still need to make some manual adjustments.
- Your Cover Letter and Resume. Towards the bottom of the Application tab, you will see a place to attach or write your cover letter. You will also see a place to attach your resume. Although these two sections say they are optional; they are not optional and are required for a complete NSCC application.
- Questions. Next to the Application tab, you will see a Questions tab. We will need you to complete these questions in order to submit your application.
Unfortunately, we cannot accept late or paper applications.
2022-237 - Faculty, Business Administration - Ivany Campus
Dartmouth, NS, CA
2022-233 - Faculty, Non-Profit Leadership - eCampus
, NS, CA
2022-238 - Faculty, Electro Technical Officer - Strait Area Campus
Port Hawkesbury, NS, CA
2022-235- Academic Chair (CL8) - Kingstec Campus
Kentville, NS, CA
2022-236 - Faculty, Carpentry Trade - Pictou Campus
Pictou, NS, CA