Sydney, Nova Scotia
Department of Student Services
Term Full-time Position: Commencing approximately December 13, 2021 and ending approximately November 18, 2022
Application deadline is 11:59pm, November 30, 2021
Competition No. 2021-378
The salary scale for Professional Support 3 is based on twelve steps that range from $58,495.87- $81,778.09. New Professional Support may receive up to a maximum of seven steps for relevant occupational experience which is $70,225.64 annually
For the 2021-22 Academic Year, based on public health guidelines, NSCC plans to return to more in-person learning, supports and services. You may be required to work on campus, remotely or a combination of both as the Academic Year begins and progresses. This will be clarified further upon hire.
NSCC firmly believes a vaccinated population is a vital part of keeping us, our friends, families and communities protected from COVID-19 and the developing, fast-moving variants. With this in mind, please be aware that NSCC requires all employees and students working and learning on an NSCC campus be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Employees and students who cannot or choose not to be vaccinated for medical, religious or other reasons will need to be tested and have a negative test result within 72 hours of being on campus, and follow Campus safety protocols.
What you'll do
You will be responsible for the management of student records, ensuring accuracy and confidentiality, as well as timely and appropriate distribution of student information. You will collaborate with the Manager of Student Services and Student Services team members, Academic Chairs and faculty, Associate College Registrar, and the Campus Principal on enrollment management issues and provide insight and analysis into enrollment trends.
Specific duties and accountabilities will include:
- Apply expert records management processes in the maintenance of student records.
- Maintain timelines, accuracy and confidentiality of student records.
- Maintain consistency in recordkeeping in accordance with College policies and procedures.
- As a PeopleSoft Power User, regularly review transcripts, enrolments, as well as any campus data entry that impacts enrolment.
- Prepare written and electronic communications to staff and students regarding a variety of College policies and procedures.
What you'll need
You are a collaborative, team player who takes personal accountability to deliver on what is expected in your role and you strive for excellence every day. You understand your position as a role model to each of our students and as such, you demonstrate the utmost professionalism, integrity and respect for all persons in everything you do. You are committed to life-long learning, occupational currency and a belief in NSCC's mission. You bring a learning-centered perspective to everything you do. You think broadly, celebrate diversity of thought, and respect the uniqueness of individuals. You flourish in a dynamic, changing and sometimes ambiguous environment by keeping informed and connected within your role and the College. Is this you?
Qualifications and Occupational Experience:
- The minimum educational qualification for this position is an undergraduate degree. A degree focused in Education, Adult Education, or Business Administration would be considered an asset.
- You have a minimum of 3 years of recent and related occupational experience. Your occupational experience focuses on data, records management and relationship building within an educational/academic environment with an emphasis on excellent customer service.
- Occupational experience that includes working within a database and confidential record keeping would be considered an asset.
- You are familiar with and comfortable using computer applications such as the Microsoft Office Suite, E-mail and Enterprise Resource Planning systems such as PeopleSoft.
- You are comfortable working in a digital environment; you take responsibility for acquiring knowledge about advancing technology; and you are committed to using technology to create an exceptional student experience.
- You have experience supporting/providing service to students and prospective students.
Relevant Skills and Knowledge:
- You demonstrate a commitment to diversity and inclusion
- You possess excellent interpersonal skills that enable you to interact with a diversity of people and support resolution of issues
- You are known for your superior customer service skills and are able to create a relationship of trust beyond the immediate interaction
- Your superb team working skills enable you to contribute positively to a team environment
- You are known for your problem solving and critical thinking skills
- You are a strong communicator both written and oral
- You possess excellent coordination skills
- You have proven records and information management skills and abilities specifically related to the management of large student records populations or equivalent experience
- You demonstrate a strong commitment to excellence and can apply data standards, quality assurance and protection of student records
- You are dedicated to life-long learning
- You show a strong commitment to community involvement
A little bit about us
Nova Scotia Community College
NSCC is committed to building Nova Scotia's economy and quality of life through education and innovation, transforming Nova Scotia one learner at a time. NSCC offers more than 140 career-oriented programs throughout the province at our 14 campuses, including our online eCampus. Programs are offered through five academic schools – Access, Education and Language; Business and Creative Industries; Health and Human Services, Technology and Environment; Trades and Transportation – and reflect the labour market needs and opportunities in Nova Scotia. NSCC's primary goal: student success. An annual survey of College graduates shows that 82% are employed one year after graduation, most in their field of study, with 94% of those employed living and working in Nova Scotia.
NSCC makes things happen. We're growing the economy of Nova Scotia, we're producing highly skilled workers, and we're building communities. How are we doing it? By providing the most career-oriented education available in Nova Scotia today; by maintaining close links to industry; and by inviting exceptionally talented people to join NSCC's team of 2,000.
Consider being a part of excellence in learning and having the chance to help build Nova Scotia's future while building your own.
All NSCC positions are advertised every Tuesday and Thursday. To learn more about our hiring process, please follow this link.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
You will change lives. You will join committed individuals as we work to build Nova Scotia's economy and improve quality of life through education and innovation. As an NSCC employee, you will be part of that change.
You will find a place to grow personally and professionally with opportunities for professional development and collaborative projects.
You will do meaningful and challenging work in a publicly accountable and respectful working and learning environment that is diverse, safe and inclusive. You will have the freedom to enable innovation, improvement and excellence.
You will celebrate the uniqueness of individuals. NSCC campuses are located on the traditional territory of the Mi'kmaq People. Nova Scotia Community College values diversity and inclusion and is committed to employment equity. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates including Aboriginal/Indigenous Persons, members of racially visible communities, persons with disabilities, and women. Applicants from these communities wishing to self-identify may do so by completing an online questionnaire with your application.
As a condition of employment, Professional Support employees at NSCC must complete a two-year (part-time) adult education program delivered by NSCC. This adult education program is a significant investment on the part of NSCC in the learning and development of new employees. To achieve regular status; all probationary, full or part-time Professional Support employees of the College must successfully complete the program within their probationary period. Term full-time Professional Support employees whose term appointment is twelve or more months are also required to participate in this program.
NSCC offers a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package. As a learning-centred organization, we provide opportunities for every NSCC employee to be a life-long learner. Candidates selected for interviews will be expected to provide at least three recent, occupational references. The successful candidate will be expected to provide official transcripts to show proof of academic achievements.
NSCC is committed to the full inclusion of all applicants. As part of this commitment, NSCC will ensure that applicants are provided reasonable accommodations, as required. If accommodation is needed to participate in the job application process, please contact Jaclynn Kelly, HR Generalist, at [email protected] Our Employee Workplace Accommodation Policy can be found here: https://www.nscc.ca/about_nscc/policies_procedures/index.asp.
To apply for College jobs, click on the Apply Now button. First time users will be asked to set up an account with a username and password. There are three parts to your NSCC application:
- Your Profile. You can import your resume or your LinkedIn profile to help populate your profile (click Import Options, top right) or you can complete the profile manually. One thing to note if you are using a resume or LinkedIn; they may not import synchronously with the profile and you may still need to make some manual adjustments.
- Your Cover Letter and Resume. Towards the bottom of the Application tab, you will see a place to attach or write your cover letter. You will also see a place to attach your resume. Although these two sections say they are optional; they are not optional and are required for a complete NSCC application.
- Questions. Next to the Application tab, you will see a Questions tab. We will need you to complete these questions in order to submit your application.
Unfortunately, we cannot accept late or paper applications.
2022-013 - Research Scientist - Information Technology - Central Office
Halifax, NS, CA
2022-021 - Manager, Applied Research and Innovation - Central Office
Halifax, NS, CA
2022-006 - Research Financial Coordinator (TS15) - Central Office
Halifax, NS, CA
2022-024 - Curriculum Consultant (PS5) - Central Office
Halifax, NS, CA
2022-022 - Learning Support Specialist (PS4) - Central Office
Halifax, NS, CA