Sydney, Nova Scotia
Recurring Part-time (60%) Position: Commencing approximately March 4, 2019 (This is a recurring position, commencing approximately September 1st and ending approximately June 1st annually. Approximately 21 hours/per week Monday-Friday)
Application deadline is 4PM, February 12, 2019
Competition No. 2019-030
Salary range: $32,281.59 to $36,470.69 annually
What you'll do
Reporting on campus to the Manager of Student Services and under the general direction of the Campus and Central Services Librarians, you will provide assistance for the day-to-day operations of the Marconi Campus Library. You will open and sort mail, check in periodicals, assist with document delivery services, prepare orders, assist with displays, signage and documents and circulate library materials. You will register patrons in Novanet. You will respond to routine reference questions and provide assistance to users in accessing information, services and resources in a variety of formats. You will provide basic support for troubleshooting software and equipment. You will contribute to the development and growth of Library Services, Student Services and the College by participating in committees, working groups and other initiatives.
What you'll need
You are a collaborative, team player who takes personal accountability to deliver on what is expected in your role and you strive for excellence every day. You understand our position as role models to our students and as such, you demonstrate the utmost professionalism, integrity and respect for all persons in everything you do. You are committed to life-long learning, occupational currency and a belief in NSCC's mission. You bring a learning-centered perspective to everything you do. You think broadly, celebrate diversity of thought, and respect the uniqueness of individuals. You flourish in a dynamic, changing and sometimes ambiguous environment by keeping informed and connected within your role and the College. Is this you?
Qualifications and Occupational Experience:
- The minimum educational qualification for this position is a high school diploma or equivalent (GED).
- This is an entry-level position. We welcome applications from recent graduates.
- Previous experience in a library environment would be considered an asset.
- You have strong demonstrated computer literacy skills including Microsoft Office Suite. Experience with Novanet and the Aleph Integrated Library System (ILS) would be an asset.
- You are comfortable working in a digital environment; you take responsibility for acquiring knowledge about advancing technology; and you are committed to using technology in advancing your work
- Experience supporting/providing service to students and prospective students would be considered an asset.
Relevant Skills and Knowledge
- You demonstrate a commitment to diversity and inclusion
- You possess excellent interpersonal skills and are able to interact at all levels of an organization
- You are known for your superior customer service skills and are able to create a relationship of trust beyond the immediate interaction
- Your superb team working skills enable you to contribute positively to a team environment
- Specific technical occupational knowledge and skill in library systems applications is an asset.
- You are known for your problem solving and critical thinking skills
- You are a strong communicator both written and oral
- You have proven records and information management skills and abilities.
- You demonstrate a strong commitment to excellence.
- You are dedicated to life-long learning to maintain currency in emerging trends and technology.
- You demonstrate attention to detail.
- You demonstrate an ability to work in a demanding fast-paced environment.
Look for yourself
A little bit about us
Nova Scotia Community College
We value Diversity and Inclusion
The College values diversity and inclusion and is committed to employment equity. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates including Aboriginal/Indigenous Persons, Black/African Nova Scotians, members of racially visible communities, persons with disabilities, persons of a minority sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, and women. Applicants from these communities wishing to self-identify may do so by completing the online questionnaire within the application.
All NSCC positions are advertised every Tuesday and Thursday. To learn more about us and our hiring process, please follow this link.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
You will change lives. You will join committed individuals as we work to build Nova Scotia's economy and improve quality of life through education and innovation. As an NSCC employee, you will be part of that change.
You will find a place to grow personally and professionally with opportunities for professional development and collaborative projects.
You will do meaningful and challenging work in a publically accountable and respectful working and learning environment that is diverse, safe and inclusive. You will have the freedom to enable innovation, improvement and excellence.
You will celebrate the uniqueness of individuals. Our college welcomes diversity in both its student body and its employees, and we take every opportunity to become more inclusive. We encourage applications from qualified candidates from all diverse communities including but not limited to Indigenous Persons, racially visible persons, people with disabilities and women in non-traditional roles. Applicants from these communities wishing to self-identify may do so by completing an online questionnaire with your application.
NSCC offers a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package. As a learning-centred organization, we provide opportunities for every NSCC employee to be a life-long learner. Candidates selected for interviews will be expected to provide at least three recent, occupational references. The successful candidate will be expected to provide official transcripts to show proof of academic achievements.
To apply for College jobs, click on the Apply Now button. First time users will be asked to set up an account with a username and password. There are three parts to your NSCC application:
- Your Profile. You can import your resume or your LinkedIn profile to help populate your profile (click Import Options, top right) or you can complete the profile manually. One thing to note if you are using a resume or LinkedIn; they may not import synchronously with the profile and you may still need to make some manual adjustments.
- Your Cover Letter and Resume. Towards the bottom of the Application tab, you will see a place to attach or write your cover letter. You will also see a place to attach your resume. Although these two sections say they are optional; they are not optional and are required for a complete NSCC application.
- Questions. Next to the Application tab, you will see a Questions tab. We will need you to complete these questions in order to submit your application.
Unfortunately, we cannot accept late or paper applications.